If you are having twins – these are some twin baby products I would recommend you buy instead of similar ones that would suffice for single babies.
- Sleeping – Some parents opt to put both babies in once crib, but I could not have the courage to do this as I was afraid of them hurting each other by mistake. I would suggest you use two bassinets for the initial few months. Co-sleepers are just not practical when there are two to take care of.
- Travel – The Graco Pack ‘n Play Playard With Twins Bassinet is a very useful item when you are traveling with twins. This can also be used if they are sleeping in the living room and you want to keep watch over them.
- Carriers – Honestly we never attempted to carry both babies at once. Just seemed an overambitious project. While some blogs suggest using the stretchy Boba wraps, I would recommend against it since it is a nightmare to wrap two babies together. Actually, some of my friends did use a structured baby carrier called Twingaroo and this is the only one they recommended.
- Swings – You need baby swings if you have twins and yes – you need two of them. Cannot tell you the countless hours my boys spent lazing and sleeping on the swing while watching the rest of us do our daily activities.If the swings were not there, we would probably have to carry them all the time. Bouncers like the BabyBjorn Bouncer Balance Soft are also a great help.
- Feeding pillow – Don’t look further than the Twin Z pillows which not only allow you to accomplish the difficult task of breastfeeding two babies at once, they can also be used as pillows for the babies to lay down and balance while sitting.
- Shopping Cart Seat – The Buggy Bench is an immensely useful contraption that allows two babies to be seated in a shopping cart, something that may not be possible unless you go only to Costco which has those massive shopping carts.
- High chairs – I would opt for high chairs that have a smaller footprint, because two might take up a lot of space. I would recommend the Fisher-Price Space Saver or the Fisher-Price Deluxe Booster Seat, and even if you do opt for a bigger one go for one which takes up less space and can be moved around easily – like the Boon Flair Highchair.
- Diaper bag – Choose an extra larger diaper bag which can accommodate the necessary items for two babies. I really like the Skip Hop DUO DOUBLE hold-it-all diaper bag pictured below, Ju-Ju-Be Legacy Collection Be Prepared Diaper Bag($199) and the Nimnyk Large Baby Diaper Bag and the Filberry Messenger DIAPER BAG, Damai Large Diaper Tote , Eddie Bauer Easy Access Duffle Diaper Bag – Black/Lime
- Rockers – A wide rocker is preferable when you have twins and you wish to cuddle them both and try to rock them to sleep. It may have some issues but I would still buy it again if I had to.