If you have decided you are breast feeding then you need to stock up on a few items that can make your life easier. Here is a simple list of nursing accessories that can be useful under specific conditions.
- Nipple Shield – Breast Feeding can be quite painful in the initial stages. Any mother who has gone through this experience will tell you about the sense of accomplishment that you feel when the baby learns to latch on well. You can assist in this by making sure that the baby is sucking on the areola and not on the nipple. Some of you are likely to face problems or find the whole experience extremely painful and that is where a nipple shield can help. The nipple shield forms a barrier and allows for stronger latch.
- Breast Shells – Another useful contraption for use in case you have inverted of flat nipples as it helps to pull the nipples out.
- Boppy – This product is unmatched in its usefulness for breastfeeding mothers – fits snugly around the tummy and allows you to feed the baby without hunching over and destroying your back. A must buy in my opinion. The first year is a dangerous period when you can damage your health beyond repair – especially your back will be compromised during the long stints of feeding. Avoid such outcomes by using the Boppy pillow to prop up the baby to the level of your breasts.
- Nursing covers – Here is a bunch of nursing covers among which Bebe au Lait Muslin Nursing Cover, Isla is my favorite. This is a must buy if you need your privacy while feeding the baby in public.
- Nipple repair – For sore nipples there are only a few products to even consider.
8. Hands Free Bras – There is a reason why this is the best seller in the Amazon store. Along with the Boppy this is probably one of the most indispensable accessories for nursing mothers. A hands free bra that supports bottles while the pump is at work freeing your hand for more important work