We have already discussed bibs and I have you my recommendations. But once you start feeding solids you will need a variety of accessories. Some may not be needed till they are ready for finger foods, but I have laid them all out here for your convenience.
Best Spoons For Feeding
- The Beaba first stage silicone spoons spoons were the first spoons that we used and I would recommend buying one set when you get started. They are expensive(almost $20 for 4 set) but it was a good investment for us. They really helped initiate our kids into the world of solid foods after a few false starts with the regular spoons we bought.
- Once the kids started feeding, we transitioned to our regular spoon the Munchkin Soft-Tip Infant Spoon, 6 Count.As the amazon listing says, the rounded, soft spoon bowls are gentle on baby’s gums. The two sets we bought lasted us for a long long time
- I would also recommend the Munchkin Silicone Spoons if you want to continue with silicone spoons for a longer time. These cost just $5 for a pair.
- Last but not least this is a new mention suggested by one of my friends – Spuni Soft Spoon. Really cute small spoon that seems to be perfect for the small baby starting on solids.
Once the kids reach the 8 month mark, they will be able to hold the forks and spoons by themselves and start putting food in their mouth.
At that point you will need a few more accessories
We started off with the Gerber Graduates Fun Pack Utensils which were safe and did not seem flimsy.
Another good option is the Boon Benders Adaptable Utensils Blue/Green
We moved to the Gerber steel cutlery once they were into the second year.
- Gerber Graduates Kiddy Cutlery Forks in Neutral Colors, 3-count and
- Gerber Graduates Kiddy Cutlery Spoons in Assorted Colors, 3-count
I also liked the OXO set once the kids were well into the second year.
Best Snack Bowls
- Gerber Graduates Bunch-a-Bowls, 8-Piece Set is my top choice as far as bowls are concerned. I preferred this to Munchkin Stay Put Suction Bowl, 3 Count – the premium is not necessary since the suction does not last.
- If you really want suction bowls I prefer BabyB Best Baby Bowls, Spill Proof, Stay Put Suction Bowls with Seal-Easy Lids Stack Easy For Storage Gift Set…
- Munchkin Two Snack Catchers, Colors May Vary These were our favorites once they could carry thie snack container around. This
is a really good product.
Best Meal Plates
- Lansinoh mOmma Mealtime Warm Plate, Green or the
- Re-Play Divided Plates, Aqua, Green, Sunny Yellow, 3-Count – For bigger toddlers
- Boon Platter Edgeless Nonskid Divided Plate, Blue/Orange/Green – Another great option.