As a parent of twins, your expenses will undoubtedly be more than that of a single parent, but be cognizant that your total expenses will eventually be the same as a parent having two children over a period of time.
As parents of twins we all end up becoming a little more circumspect in our expenditure, but not many of us take advantage of the deals and freebies on offer for twins. While the individual savings from each product may be small, they do tend to add up over time. Here I will summarize the deals in an easy to use fashion.
- Babies R US – When you buy two items of the same type(only furniture, bedding, gear) you get 10% discount. Just ask the cashier. This is available only in stores and cannot be applied online.
- Buy Buy Baby – 10% discount but only on the second product.
- Osh Kosh, Gymboree & Stride Rite – Discounts at the discretion of the individual stores. You should definitely ask – worked for us at Osh Kosh.
- Burlington’s – Talk to the cashier at Burlington Coat Factory (the Baby Depot section) and ask for discounts for multiples when you buy two or more of the same item.
Online Store Discounts
First let us look at the store which are primarily targeted at twins and multiples
- Trends in Twos – Coupon code 10BACK works for a one time discount of 10% on your order.
- Justmultiples – Use SAVE10 for 10% discount on your order.
Other Specialty stores
- Bamboobies Nursing Pads – Eco friendly nursing pads and breastfeeding covers
Use coupon Code GH20 for 20% off.
- Perfectly Safe – This is a site primarily to buy kids safety and baby proofing items. You can type coupon code MULTIPLES to get a multiples discount of 20%.
- Right Start – Babies supply online store will give you 10% discount for every second product of the same type. Call 800-LITTLE-1 and ask for a discount and they will help you either place an order or get a discount on your online order.
- Enfamil – First register for Enfamil Family Beginnings® to receive free samples and coupons. You can also call 1-800-BABY-123 (1-800-222-9123) to register. Enfamil also suggest that you contact your pediatrician so that they can talk to their local representative and see if promotional products can be sent the parent. As a last option you could also send a copy of the mail with proof to
2404 Pennsylvania St
Evansville, IN 47721
You might get some free formula.
2. Similac – Similar to Enfamil, the first thing to do is to sign up for the Similac Strong Moms program to get discounts and coupons. Next step is to contact them through their contact form on their website or call 1-800-515-7677 and ask about their multiple birth program. Or You can also call 1-800-232-7677 for more info Welcome Additions Club which comes with coupons and samples.Lastly ask your pediatrician so that he/she can check with the local Similac representative and get some freebies for you.
3. Nature’s One (Makers of Baby’s Only organic formula) – You could follow any of the steps below to avail of discounts and samples from my favorite formula maker
- Send a copy of the mail with proof to Multiple Birth Program 8754 Cotter Street Lewis Center, OH 43035
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 888-227-7122 and then fax proof to 740-548-3879
4. Gerber – Call 1-800-284-9488 to get a one time discount and then call every 3 months to get free coupons for baby formula and food. You can also mail your letter and proof to Nestle Infant Nutrition 445 State Street Fremont, MI 49413.
5.. Earth’s Best – The parent company of Earth’s Best Organic is Hain Celestial and they can be reached here for offers pertaining to twins.
- Beech Nut – Call 1-800-BEECHNUT (1-800-233-2468) and ask for a free new parents pack for multiples.You will get 2X or 3X the number of coupons depending on whether you are having twins or triplets.
- Pampers -Pampers has a Multiples Birth Program which allows you to request a free package of wipes, coupons and other goodies.
You can call 1-800-726-7377 OR send your name, address, and a copy of your hospital discharge papers to:
Pampers Multiple Birth Offer
The Procter & Gamble Company
P.O. Box 599
Cincinnati, OH 45201
- Similarly Luvs (owned by the same company) has a Multiple Birth OfferYou can call 1-888-665-3257 OR send your name, address, and a copy of your hospital discharge papers to:Luvs Multiple Birth Offer
The Procter & Gamble Company
P.O. Box 599
Cincinnati, OH 45201
- Huggies –
Send your mail copy and proof to Multiple Birth Program Department QMB P.O. Box 2020, Neenah, WI 54957-2020 or call 888-525-8388, alternately fax 920-721-0260. You will get tons fo coupons.
- Evenflo –
Mail copies of your multiples’ birth certificates to:
Attn: Multiple Birth Program
1801 Commerca Dr.
Piqua, OH 45356
Send name, address, and proof of birth to:
Attn: Multiples Birth Program
2021 9th St SE
Dyersville, IA 52040
You could also email your hospital discharge papers to email@example.com to receive some goodies from the company.
- The First Years The First Years Multiple Birth Program gives away a free gift for your babies. To claim your babies’ gift, send proof of birth (e.g. photocopies of birth certificates) to The First Years, One Kiddie Drive, Avon MA, 02322, USA. You can call The First Years at 1-800-704-8697
- Playtex Products – Mail you proof and letter to
Playtex Products, 20 Troy Road
Whittany, NJ 07981
You usually get Twins-bottle kit, liners and pacifiers
- Ocean SprayThe address is Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc, Consumer Affairs Dept., 1 Ocean Spray Drive, Lakeville-Middleborough, MA, 02349 and email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Send birth certificates and letter asking them to enroll you to the Multiple Birth Program. They will send coupons and a welcome basket. For more info 1-800-662-3263.
- Greetings from the President – The White House will send a congratulations card if you send the babies names, birthdate, and address
Send to The White House Greetings Office, Room 39, Washington, D.C. 20500
I must warn you that some of the companies keep experimenting with their multiples program and many may tell you that they have temporarily discontinued their programs. The biggest savings are from the stores, diaper and formula companies – and these rarely change. So good luck as you try and save a few hundred bucks.